2017-04-12 11:06:17 编辑：临沂环球教育 浏览：(1062次)
1. Some people believe that thosewho are not talented in language learning should not be required to learn aforeign language. What is your opinion?
2. Thequalities a person needs to become successful in today’s world cannot belearned at a university or any similar academic institution. To what extent doyou agree or disagree?
3. Memorization of information by frequentrepetition (rote learning) plays a role in most education systems. Does theusefulness of this method of learning outweigh its limitations?
4. Society is based on rules and laws. It could not function ifindividuals were free to do whatever they want. To what extent do you agree ordisagree?
5. Fossil fuels, such as coal,oil, natural gas, are used in many countries. But in some countries, the use ofalternative sources of energy, including wind and solar power, are encouraged.Is this trend a positive or a negative development?
6. Scientific research should be carried out and controlled bygovernments rather than private companies. To what extent do you agree ordisagree?
7. Environmental problems are too big for the individual country orindividual person to address. We have reached to a stage where the only way toprotect environment is at an international level.To what extent do you agree ordisagree?
8. Wecan rely on news to get knowledge nowadays, but some people think that wecannot trust journalists. What is your opinion? What qualities do you think ajournalist should have?
9. Studiesshow that the people from the developed countries feel less happiness thanbefore, but the people from the developing countries feel more happiness thanbefore. Why you think it is and what lessons could learn from it.
10. Surveysshow that in many countries, people are living longer but increased lifeexpectancy has many implications for the aging individuals and for society as awhole. What are the possible effects of longer living for individuals andsociety?
11. Nowadays,distance-learning programs are such common thing for us (the study material bypost, by internet), but some people argue that courses can never be takenas good as those by attending in a college or university in person. To whatextent do you agree or disagree?
12. Youngpeople are often influenced in their behavior and situations by others in thesame age.This is called"peer group pressure".Do the disadvantagesoutweigh the advantages?
13. Some people think music plays an important rolein society. Others think it is only a form of individual entertainment. Discussboth sides of this argument and give your own opinion.
14. Somepeople support the developments in agriculture such as factory farmingand creations of new types of fruits and vegetables, while others opposethis view. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
15. Manycountries are mixed with people from different ethnic backgrounds and cultures.Why is the case? Do you think it is positive or negative?
16. The spread of multinational companies and the resulting consequencesof increasing globalization produce positive effects on everyone. Do you agreeor disagree?
17. Today, it is widely accepted that social skills are as important asgood qualification for success in a job. To what extent do you agree ordisagree?
18.Somepeople say that job satisfaction is more important than job security. Towhat extent do you agree or disagree?
19. Somepeople think that, by paying taxes, they have made a big enough contribution tosociety. Others think people have more responsibilities as members of societythan only paying taxes. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
20.Nowadays, people always throw the old thingsaway when they buy new things; whereas in the past, old things were repairedand used again. What factors cause this phenomenon? What effects the phenomenonleads to?